Monday, December 14, 2009

First Post

I would like to start out with thanking you all for reading this blog. My goal is to create a blog that encompasses my three passions. I am a politics junky, I recently graduated with a degree in Political Science from CSUSM. Instead of pursuing a career in the field of Politics, I decided to become a cook and work my way up to Chef. Lastly, I will write about my leisure time passion; Sports. With that said, each day I will post either a new recipe, provide commentary on the big sports events, or examine the newest political triumph or failure (If I can, I will post numerous times per day and all three topics will be discussed). Without further ado, The PSC Blog will officially begin

Recipe #1
Caramelized Pear Turkey Burgers
Serves 4

1 lb. Ground Turkey
2 pears
8 oz Spring Greens Mix
4 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese (Use whatever you like)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
2 cloves of garlic
*Bread/Rolls: this is up to you, I prefer using sweet Hawaiian rolls. Hamburger buns will work also

Preparation
- Mix ground turkey with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 cloves of garlic, and 1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper. Let Sit for 15-30 minutes if time is available.
- Make 4 equal sized turkey patties
- Slice 1 pear into very thin slices
- Dice 1 pear (to be added to spring mix)

Cooking
- Turkey Burgers: Multiple ways to cook

Frying Pan:
- Medium heat
- Cook to Preferred Temperature
- Medium well is usually 6-8 minutes on both sides

BBQ
- High heat
- Cook to Preferred Temperature
- Medium will be roughly 5 minutes on both sides

Broiler
- High Heat
- Rack on top shelf
- Medium will be 6-7 minutes on both sides

Spring Mix Topping
- Mix Diced Pair, 2 table spoons of Mayonnaise, and 8 oz. spring mix in bowl

Caramelized Pear Topping
- In saute pan mix half cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, and sliced pears.
- Cook until pears are brown

Completion
- 3 minutes before burgers are done, place rolls/bread/buns on BBQ or in Broiler
- 2 minutes before burgers are done, place cheese on top of burger

Service
- Place bottom portion of bread on plate, Place Burger patty on bread, put caramelized pears on top of burger then place 1/4 of pear spring slaw on top of burger. Put on top bread and serve.

Enjoy,
Bryan




No comments:

Post a Comment